Make sure you boost your chances of test success in the new year with our countdown of the questions that have stumped Theory Test Pro’s users the most in 2016.
Since the beginning of this year, tens of thousands of learners have taken our mock tests so we’ve crunched the results to uncover the top 10 sign questions that students have failed on. To make sure you get a perfect score on your real theory test, be sure to use this countdown when revising!
10. ‘The dual carriageway you’re turning right onto has a very narrow central reservation. What should you do?’
Answer: Wait until the road is clear in both directions 9. ‘You park at night on a road with a 40 mph speed limit. What should you do?’ Answer: Park with parking lights on
8. ‘You’ve broken down on a motorway. In which direction should you walk to find the nearest emergency telephone?’
Answer: In the direction shown on the marker posts
7. ‘In good conditions, what’s the typical stopping distance at 70 mph?’
*Answer: 96 metres (315 feet)
6. ‘At an incident, a casualty is unconscious. You need to check whether they’re breathing. How long should you allow for this check?’
Answer: At least 10 seconds
**5. ‘A casualty isn’t breathing normally. Chest compressions should be given. At what rate?’
Answer: 120 per minute 4. ‘When can you park on the right-hand side of a road at night?’ Answer: When you’re in a one-way street
3. ‘Where may you overtake on a one-way street?’
Answer: On either the right or the left
2. ‘Overall stopping distance is made up of thinking distance and braking distance. You’re on a good, dry road surface, with good brakes and tyres. What’s the typical braking distance from 50 mph?’
*Answer: 38 metres (125 feet)
The Most Failed Theory Test Question of 2016
1. “Your vehicle needs a current MOT certificate. What will you be unable to renew without this certificate?’
Answer: Your vehicle excise licence.
Fail © Chris Griffith
Exhaust © Steevven1